Areas of Expertise
- Identification of key problems in chemical processes and their causes using cost and quality criteria
- Generation, screening, evaluation, design and implementation of alternatives to solve engineering problems
- Use of computer techniques, numerical methods, statistical techniques, optimization, modelling and chemical engineering principles to study and improve the performance of chemical plants
- Project conception and implementation (at laboratory, bench and pilot scale) to determine the best operational and design parameters for a desired application
- Use of analytical techniques (proximate and elemental analysis, TG/DTG, DSC, GPC, GC, UV-Fluorescence, Karl-Fischer titration, GC/MS, Py-GC/MS, ESCA, FTIR, microscopy, steady and dynamic rheology, ASTM fuel characterization methods, ash characterization techniques etc) to study the behaviour of complex materials in industrial units.
- Special training in: Thermochemical conversion of biomass, Applications of Pitch, Coke, Bio-oils and Char, Fuel characterization techniques, mineral processing technologies, hydrogen production, liquids and solid combustion, fuel spray characterization, droplets evaporation and combustion kinetics, application of products from Thermochemical reactions of biomass. Bio-oil based refinery concepts.
Dr. Manuel Garcia-Perez
Assistant Professor / Scientist
Biological Systems Engineering
Washington State University
L. J. Smith 205, P.O. Box 64120
Pullman, Washington USA
TEL: 509 335-7758
FAX: 509 335-2722
Slide Show PPT
Additional Information Goes Here.