- Developing a commercial process to produce sulphite-free dehydrated diced apples, Scotian Gold Co-operative Limited, Kentville, NS, Canada (1993-94).
- Advising the plant manager about UF systems for apple juice clarification in preparation for a new plant installation, Allens Food Industries Inc., Wolfville, NS, Canada (1993-1994).
- Evaluating apple juice extracting and clarification processes, Industries Lassonde Inc., Quebec, Canada (jointly with Dr. R.A. Speers) 1993-1994.
- Evaluating products and processes of a freeze drying plant, Cobi Foods Inc., Aliments Cobi, Inc., Oakville, ON, Canada (1992).
- Associate Editor, J. Applied Engineering in Agriculture, Food & Process Engineering Institute of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (2000-present).
- Associate Editor, Transactions of the ASAE, Food & Process Engineering Institute of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (2000-present).
- Editorial Board Member, Advances in Agricultural Science and Technology Series, World Scientific Publisher, New Jersey (1998-present)
- Contributing Editor, Advances in Agricultural Science and Technology Series Vol. 1: Advances in Bioprocessing Engineering (1998-2002).
- Reviewer for the following technical journals (1991-present):
- AIChE Journal
- Applied Engineering in Agriculture
- Agricultural Engineering Research
- Canadian Agricultural Engineers
- Cereal Chemistry
- Drying Technology
- Innovative Food Science and Technologies
- Journal of American Society for Horticultural Science
- Journal of Food Engineering
- Journal of Food Process Engineering
- Journal of Food Science
- J. Heat and Mass Transfer
- J. Liquid Molecules
- J. Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy
- Transactions of the ASAE
- Reviewer for the following competitive grants programs (1991-present)
Dr. Juming Tang
Associate Chair BSysE &
Distinguished Chair Food Engineering
Biological Systems Engineering
Washington State University
L. J. Smith 204, P.O. Box 64120
Pullman, Washington 99164-6120
Heading using the h3 tag